EVERYTHING IS A STORY
The short-film form is to the full-length film what the short story is to a full-fledged novel. Write a great short story and you are well on your way to having a great short film.
The simple fact tis that like any short artform, whether short story, news story or short film, it is the storyline that is crucial.
This resource looks at a range of short form film case studies to examine character, conflict, dialogue and structure in short film script-writing.
It is due for release in 2020.
- THE CONCEPTS OF NARRATIVE
- WRITING FOR SHORT FILM
- CHARACTERS, DIALOGUE, PLOTTING & STRUCTURE
- WHERE DO IDEAS COME FROM?
- DRAMATURGY, STRUCTURES AND MODELS
- SCREENPLAY FORMATS
- SHORT AND LONG FORM SCREENPLAY DISTINCTIONS
- SCREENWRITING SOFTWARE AND TOOLS
- RESEARCH & STRUCTURE AND APPROACHES IN DOCUMENTARY